Thursday, October 11, 2007

Eat as Your Tongue Wants to Eat or Eat as the Others Eat?

I always wonder if I have to eat a plate of a fifty thousand rupiah-beef steak accompanied by a glass of twenty five thousand rupiah-juice, a cup of ice cream, a piece of cake, etc. in a luxurious restaurant spending hundreds rupiahs without ever thinking about what others, especially homeless, jobless, moneyless people, eat or to eat as simple as I can take thereby I consider what others feel.
Pro argument to think about others when eating says that you should be tolerant to others suffering from not being able to eat proper food in proper frequency. The money you spend should not be used just to spoil your tongue itself.
Con argument says that oh c’mon, don’t be so stupid that you feel that you can ease their suffering by doing such thing because if they are in your shoes they would also do the same thing. Moreover, the dough that you save can’t be directly delivered to them as well, so why don’t you just indulge yourself?
However, what I believe is that by not eating as what my tongue says would be appropriate because I have sympathy to them. This kind of deed would apply to others activities, such as partying in an excessive way. What about you?

No comments: