Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Must Have the Same Endurance Like a Camel!

When I reread Heilbroner’s The Worldly Philosophers I was refreshed by this sentence, which reminds me of how hard it is to absorb some of great texts I ever read:

“Economic reading is…a veritable desert of dusty prose…The student of economics must be prepared for long journeys without a single refreshing sentence; it takes the endurance of a camel and the patience of a saint to finish some of the great texts”

Oh, I am really embarrassed finding how I seldom finish some of great texts…hahaha…Anyway, I’ll try to have great endurance as a camel has…Ironically, I find it difficult to absorb all of the aims of Heilbroner in this book since it uses sophisticated English, like in literature or something…Why so complex, Mr Heilbroner??

2 comments:

Schaartalent said...

mand, jgn blg lu baca "The Worldly Philosophers" gara2 list bacaan liburan musim panas dari Prof. Mankiw?

mandcrut said...

Ngga kok, kar, gue lupa tau tuh buku dari mana, soalnya pas pertama kali gue baca tuh buku udah lama..