Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy So Belated Birthday My Beloved Country!!

It’s been 63 years since Soekarno-Hatta proclaimed that Indonesia was a sovereign country.. I know that I hadn’t been born by then, but I know a little what happened in progress before and after that proclamation.

It would be stale if you are just talking about whether Indonesia has already been sovereign or not because it just makes yourself indulged in this kind of boring discussion and, at last, plunge into the lazy habit of thinking about the future we have in front of us. No essential breakthrough so far, except KPK and absurd democracy since 1998. No looking forward just backward blaming globalization; no vision just shortsighted self-interest goals; no self consciousness just being selfish; no statesmen just greedy-idiot politicians; no anything required to build a powerful nation. No!! This is a kind of nightmare I have ever had. Indonesia is nothing, in the eyes of other nations.

Oh Indonesia, till when you will rise against your own chronic diseases. I know it would not be wise to just commemorate, and blame this horrible situation. It’s time to wake up and stand still. Like a piece of lyrics of my all-time favorite song, Cahaya Bulan

“…sudah waktunya berdiri mencari jawaban kegelisahan hati…”

Hidup Indonesia!! Happy 63rd birthday. Hopefully in the next twenty something years I could contribute something significant to this nation building…I hope my fellows also have this kind of dream because we are the hopes of this sick nation, if I may say so..

No comments: