Thursday, May 1, 2008

Why Should Bother?

Indonesia is a unique state, I suppose. When I say unique it may mean that there is nearly none like Indonesia in this whole world would do the same thing as Indonesian do. Religion is a really sensitive issue in this biggest moslem population in the world. Today, Ahmadiyah has taken an enormous attention to many Indonesian. It’s been dubbed as satanic religion, if I may say so. It’s gone far away from the Islamic mainstream. One of the most mistakenly understood about islam is that it accepts another prophet after Muhammad SAW, that is Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, while, based on my very limited knowledge about Islam, it’s officially admitted that there will be another prophet after him. It is stated in Al Quran. The results are demolition, killing, and other anarchist actions.

I have been wondering why the Islamic mainstream believers so bother about Ahmadiyah’s emergence? Are they just so afraid of being overtaken by this new stream?

Personally, I’m fine with the others’ belief. Why should disturb them? Masykurudin Hafidz gave an elegant explanation about it, see here. I am wholeheartedly agreed with him. Actually, I think that those people are so idiot, hypocrite, and selfish at the same time. They merely misunderstand what their religion states.

Is this due to their being scary for being overdriven by this new stream, since when Ahmadiyah is getting bigger by more followers coming in, they are getting angrier. I suppose yes. I do not really believe in free lunch. They do this not to prevent the others to get into the wrong path, but because there is political force behind it, I suppose. They worry that it will obscure their religious expansion in this hypocrite state. If you pay attention to what they have done so far, what have they defended. Have you ever wondered why these massive mass of demonstrants have not so bothered with issue of poverty, health, education, and alike?

Come on guys don’t worsen stigma of Islam as a terrorist religion…Don’t get me wrong..

No comments: