Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Are you capable?

Today, I was upset looking at a picture of a low class porter at a port carrying bags of chemical powders. But, this is not the main cause why I was so upset. They just got Rp 10,000/day for being exposed to risk taking danger to their health. Why do they want to take such risks? There are two quite obvious answers to this. First, they don't get sufficient sheer of knowledge about being exposed to sickness they may get, so due to lack of and their capacity to get jobs , they decided to take the jobs. Second, they have found out what danger that they may take, but daily bread plays its role.

The next question springs on my mind is, why they just get Rp 10,000/day, while it literally takes muscles and dangers to their health? The most likely answer is that because company/people, if any, who hires them would maximize profits by suppressing their cost! Profit is the name! Yet, I don't know if they get other benefits and fringes.

I just realized that why people are so mad at capitalism is that those capitalists would hire labors with as lowest salary as possible so that they can maximize profit. However, I wonder if those protesters wouldn't do the same things as the others do since slight rise in labor salary, would reduce employers' profit at quite amount. I, myself, doubt if I can attain this goal.

There is only one most feasible guideline to attain this noble goal. That is, they should grip to the moral rod. Would you be eating till you're full up, whereas the others' even can't eat a bite of bread? If this sentence has already been ingrained in one's mind, I do believe that this noble goal is not impossible to attain...But, can human beings carry this out? I hope so, but it's hard to tell...

No comments: