Friday, February 29, 2008

Why I learn Economics

After graduating from senior high school, I had never thought of being a student of economics. Not even once! However, after taking economics courses for about three years, I have got absorbed to problems and intellectuals intrigues after the birth of Adam Smith’s “Wealth of Nations”.

Learning quite carefully, I have found out that Economics allied with politics are two sciences ruling the world. I know that exact sciences and technological informatics development have played a salient role in determining and directing human race’s civilization and, in most cases, wealth of nations. But, I also realized that at the same time no matter how great a state is in sciences and technological mastering level, political economy is a very significance element in any developments of nations. In this little world or even in our daily life, in most cases the superior intimidates and often rules the inferior ones out.

Contemplating why I chose economics as major in college which means may determine my future career and life, the late Joanne Robinson of Cambridge helped affirm my objective in economics.

She said that “the purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economics questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists"

I am trying to learn economics so well that I can help build my country not to be deceived by other countries since I know in economics, there is a capitalism adagio, which turns to be real in any condition, stating that “there is no such thing as free lunch.” I know that our parents always remain us not to put a negative suspect on other people’s help, but world is cruel, pal!

No comments: