Friday, June 24, 2011

Short-lived but Very Deep Impact..RIP, Mas!



Just exactly a week ago, my best friend just passed away. All I remember is that he always slipped some sugar to a glass of tea of mine even though I requested plain tea. "It tasted better, Mand", he said. Ah, Mas Karnoe, you always want the best for your kids without thinking about yourself, first. I believe you were among the noblest man in this world.

Unfortunately, you received no wide publications that other people could not get to know to you. Ah, I thought I would be able to visit you at BOE for the last time before my departure to the U.S. next August. But it's okay, perhaps I would simply ask for your blessings in my prayer.

Mas, you might have had relatively short life and less wealthy, but it did not mean you lived a miserable life. As Abraham Lincoln once said "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Rest in peace, Mas.

No comments: